Monday, October 27, 2014

Writing 1

I feel like I have not blogged in awhile, I've been so busy with other course work as I am sure the rest of you have.
This will begin a series of four blogs reflecting on my writing process. The assignment is to first write an informative essay on a genre, then write a piece in that genre. In the informative essay I must define the genre, explain why it is important to teach, and come up with classroom actvities that will teach students to read and write in this genre.
The genre I choose is memoir. I choose this genre because I have a passion for learning from expereinces and people's different perspectives which are major aspects in memoirs.
Today in class we started conferencing with our rough drafts (or in my case- rough outline, lol) of our informative essay. I feel as though it was a very valuable use of time. I found my peers to be very helpful with ideas for the memoir genre and also helped me to better understand the genre. There were three total members in my group and we all choose a different genre. We all gave and received valuable feedback and ideas for our upcoming papers. I was definitely more interested and productive in our writing conferences then our book club meetings so I think I will enjoy them more and hopefully help out my peers as they help me in these conferences through this genre writing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment