Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Writing 2- Finalizing Info essay

 As we begin a new week, after a very chatoic last week and weekend I am happy to say I am finally getting the opportunity to get back on track for EDU 307. After I got done finalizing my informational essay last week I kinda put a few things aside for this course and am in the procsess of playing catch up as I am sure we all are in one way or another. So with that said I hope everyone is managing ok.

In regards to my informational essay, I am happy with the way it came out. I feel as though I provided adequate information about the genre by defining it, stating why it is important to teach it, classroom activities to teach reading and writing. I meet my two targeted areas for growth, which were reinforcing the importance of the message in a memoir and coming up with meaningful classroom activities to teach.

What I found unique about this assignment was creating two separate documents to show revisions. Usually my "rough drafts" are a bunch of unorganized word vomit that is more in the format of stanzas then paragraphs. As I go through my ideas I group them into an outline and form a solid thesis, then organize my paragraphs according to that.

I think I made a meaningful genre choice, and doing this assignment made me excited to begin writing my own. So stay tuned to see what I will be writing my memoir on for the narrative piece.....

No comments:

Post a Comment