Wednesday, November 26, 2014

writing 3- begining narrative

 (To begin this blog I would like to mention I hope my readers keep in mind that even though they see the date posted on 11/26 I started this blog as a draft as I began my narrative piece. Given the weather and the day off of classes I am using today as a EDU 307 "catch up day". Also, I hope all my readers enjoy there Thanksgiving break as I am sure it is much needed for all of us.)

As I begin my narrative piece for the menoir genre I am somewhat torn on what to write about, so if any of my readers would like to leave comments and let me know what they would find more interesting please feel free to do so....

My two choices are both experiences that I feel have changed my life, and they both took place around the same point in time, at the beginning of middle school. A rough time developmentally for children as we transition from little kids into preteens. At this time we must keep in mind changes in hormones, expectations, and so on.

First choice: To write a memoir about my experince going through the process of special education, this began when I transferred districts going into fifth grade. This experience includes being identified, evaluated, observed, having an IEP, PPTs, and recieving services in school. I felt this was a unique topic to write a memoir on because I could reflect on how it influences me as a future special education teacher.

Second choice: To write a memoir about my experience being diagnosed with type one diabetes in seventh grade. I thought it'd be an interesting topic to write a memoir on because it is something that drastically changed my life because of the responsibility and everything I had to learn to keep my self healthy.

Any opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment